AlphaBay Onion Link 2022 – AlphaBay is a darknet market operating both as an onion service on the Tor network and as an I2P node on I2P. After it was shut down in July 2017 by Law Enforcement in United States, Canada and Thailand in what was called “Operation Bayonet”, it was returned in August 2021 by one of the former security administrators of original AB market, DeSnake.
AlphaBay Onion Link 2022:
AlphaBay Onion Link 2022: I2P Alternative
AlphaBay Brief History (2014-2017)
AlphaBay Onion Link 2022 (2014-2017) was an online darknet market which operated on an onion service of the Tor network. According to Law Enforcements own words (as well as many other factual resources), it was the biggest and most trusted secure anonymous marketplace ever to have existed where you could buy almost all kinds of black market items from drugs, hacking tools, malware to credit cards, bank accounts, counterfeit items, guns/weapons (now banned) and many more.
AlphaBay was founded by alpha02 and it was launched in 2014. It saw a steady growth, with 14,000 new users in the first 90 days of operation. The darknet informer website Gwern(dot net) placed AlphaBay Market in the top tier of markets regarding the 6-month survival probability and it had proven to be successful. In October 2015, it was recognized as the largest online darknet market according to Dan Palumbo, research director at Digital Citizens Alliance.
AlphaBay was different to other marketplaces by constantly innovating and pushing new features some of which have now became industry-standard. Non-standard services and featuers included customisable digital contracts around building reputations, autodispatch listings (automated selling), sticky listings (promoted ads), featured listing (promoted ads on frontpage), PGP-signed withdraw addresses and more. It was the first marketplace to ever integrate credit card and accounts shop within its system allowing easier purchasing, sorting and ease of choice even for the most novice of fraudsters.
In May 2015, the site announced an integrated digital contracts and escrow system. The contract system allows users to make engagements and agree to provide services in the future, according to the terms of the contract. By October 2015, less than a year of operating, AlphaBay already had over 200,000 users. At the time of its closing in July 2017, AlphaBay had over 400,000 active users.
AlphaBay was noteworthy in the world of darknet markets for accepting another cryptocurrency in addition to bitcoin; one of the first marketplaces ever to recognize the potential and support for Monero, implemented at the end of August 2016.
Difference between AlphaBay Market and other darknet markets
AlphaBay boasts with unparalleled safety, ease of use and arguably the best staff team to facilitate all your deals. From a management perspective you will be governed by a mature administration with over 20 years of experience in computer security alone, underground businesses, darknet market management, customer support and most importantly evading Law Enforcement (LE).
On the technical side we have a new built from the ground up secure and audited codebase, bulletproof servers alongside multiple safeguards to handle disruptions of any sorts (hardware, raids/seizures etc.) and our very own AlphaGuard (AG) system which assures users/vendors can access their wallet funds (including escrow) at any time on I2P/Tor as well as restore core functionalities to the marketplace such as disputes, all 100% completely automated.
Administration is the same as before but all staff members have been replaced for security reasons. Trusted members have been chosen to be moderators, people which I have verified through business dealings over many years. As AlphaBay grows, the need to hire more staff will arise, that is why we have introduced a granular system to monitor staff/ScamWatch actions, restrict access to lower level moderators (Junior) or ScamWatch to functions and data they do not need unless valid reason is provided (e.g. detecting scams, fake purchases etc.). Several big changes have been made to how Staff works, given our past experience, which leads to increased productivity and much faster response times in both support tickets and disputes.
Speaking of disputes, a unique innovation which we are bringing to the DNM scene is our very own Automatic Dispute Resolver (ADR) system. Based on experience we have concluded that majority of the disputes can be handled without third-party involvement given the option. ADR is basically a proposition system between buyer and seller involving extending escrow time, full refund, percentage refund or replacement options. Both parties can accept or deny proposition(s) from the other side.
We strongly recommend using ADR because it is exactly the same steps a moderator would take during a dispute without the need to babysit both parties. Even if you do not reach an agreement with the vendor, you would know where you stand or you would have tried certain options like reshipping/replacement of goods. The system has been designed to ensure quick resolution if needed by moderator by looking at what has already happened. If for some reason, at any given time ADR does not work for you and you can not reach an agreement or simply refuse to use it at all, there is always an available moderator to look into it in less than 24 hours.
Vision of AlphaBay Onion Link 2022 (by DeSnake)
We know how to run our marketplace and forums, we know what the darknet market scene needs and we have come prepared.
Our main goals include:
- Set the ‘industry standards’ with our innovations as we did in the past and mold the future towards a more sustainable model. In addition we want to use our experience in counter-surveillance, counter-signal intelligence and operational security knowledge to teach users, vendors and future darknet admins what they could do to keep themselves and their lives free from Law Enforcement. Most of AlphaBays’ staff surviving the raids few years back is proof we know what we are talking about.
- Run the market longer at least 3 times as long as AlphaBay survived in the past.
- Give birth and fund through parts of our profits a new generation of decentralized marketplaces. Updated and many more details you can find in our Forum, an overview below.
Our end goal is to create a fully autonomous, decentralized and anonymous network which can support the creation of a marketplace ‘brand’ by anyone. We will create an ‘AlphaBay’ market on that network and migrate our community, giving users and vendors ability to buy, sell and trade in a decentralized manner. Potentially other marketplaces will join the network as it mitigates their requirements and risk of arrest without giving up management control (disputes, what is allowed to be sold, hiring of staff, setting fees, control of their profit wallets etc). Users will be safe to purchase from multiple markets all without the need of trusting any market with their cryptocurrency or registering for each one individually. Vendors will be able to sell on multiple markets seemlessly or even create their own shop while preserving their anonimity and security.
Why AlphaBay Market returned to the darknet scene?
The reason for returning is not only the poor state of the DNM scene with lack of quality and professional marketplaces, or the monetary gains that come with running a marketplace but most importantly for me is leaving a legacy behind which is worthy of the ‘AlphaBay’ name and one which alpha02 would be proud of. We had big dreams and decentralized market project was on our to-do list to announce but it was all cut short way too soon by opsec failures, lack of following my opsec guidelines and of course dirty playing by LE with their parallel construction.
Another reason of vital importance of why AlphaBay is returning is how everything ended with alpha02. Arrests, indictments, prison time it is all part of the game. Killing a man without any trial and staging it as a suicide is not. The fate which he was given was unjust. Our searches for the truth have led us to believe that he was Epstein’d (or should we say Mcafee’d more recently?) in a way which shocked everyone. He did not deserve that, I knew him and he really was a nice, bright guy who was genuine about the community and people regardless of what he did.
Over time I tried to deal with the situation as I had seen many arrests of people in the game for over 20 years some with fatal fates but never one where a person was killed in custody by Law Enforcement. Shocking as the AlphaBay situation was, what really struck me and gave me the ‘Fuck it’ moment was the infamous college/university presentation of US agents showing a never seen before in public video of the arrest. Seeing the agent laughing and mocking the arrest in a high-spirited manner making it as if he was doing stand-up and the students infront of him were his audience. Disgusting. Complete disregard for human life by Law Enforcement, disregard for someone who was presumed innocent unless proven guilty, disregard for their duties as police.
That disregard made me make the decision that alpha02 deserves to be honoured better even as a human and no one was ready or going to do it so fuck it here I am doing this. Achieving the Decentralized Market Network project for the entire DNM community is what I have aimed for and that is how AlphaBay will (literally) live on forever and the alpha02 legacy honoured.
I want to dedicate this to alpha02 first and foremost we promised each other to go to the bitter end, here I am keeping my end of the deal. Second to all the previous AlphaBay users buyers and sellers alike who believed in us and support us throughout. I know all of you lost millions to seizure from Law Enforcement, this time around I have created a very well tested system called AlphaGuard which ensures even if seizures happen on all servers, users will be able to withdraw their funds, settle disputes and leave without a cent lost. Ideally the decentralized network would be up making any LE near impossible to actually disrupt operations. Third to all who keep silent and refuse to cooperate when LE asking, we saw who are real and who rolled over visible from the given sentences. Last I dedicate this to all people who finish something when they start it and keep their promises regardless of the situation.
What’s changed from 2017? Has AlphaBay Onion Link 2022 Improved?
Many positive changes have been applied to AlphaBay and the way it operates from Administration to Staff to ScamWatch to how we organize and reward the community for helping the marketplace stay clean and free of bad vendors/products. A non-exclusive list of changes:
- Developed from scratch and battle-tested for years AlphaGuard which ensures even if seizures happen on all servers, users will be able to withdraw their funds, settle disputes and leave without a cent lost. AlphaGuard and its systems can not be detected by LE to be taken down and even if they were, there are ‘sleeping cells’ which will make sure the core objectives of the program are fulfilled.
- New built from the ground up secure code base for the marketplace. For security reasons we have created a new platform which has many visual similarities to the old one, whoever not a single line of code or code logic has been reused from the 2014-2017 period. The new platform is not based on any public scripts, it is 100% unique with best industry practices and security in mind when creating it.
- Bulletproof servers network and automatic server reconfiguration and deployment (after manual Administration approval) in a matter of minutes, based on the AlphaGuard system. Almost all of our servers are kept in locations with high amount of armed guards and multiple security protocols to pass through before accessing the server racks. We have CCTV access which can alert us of anything happening. Our hosting providers are proven bulletproof which means they will not respond to Law Enforcement requests – local or international.
- New Staff system to a granular system for access. AlphaBay will grow which means we will need to source more Staff. That comes with inherent risks and in order to minimise them we have developed a monitoring system of Staff actions, limiting access to profiles unless needed, permission-requested-permission-granted/denied with comments which have to be approved by higher ranked Staff members, even higher ranked Staff members have their actions logged. Administration reviews the logs on a daily basis to ensure no Staff is abusing their powers for their own benefit or otherwise.
- Our very own Automatic Dispute Resolver (ADR) system. Based on experience we have concluded that majority of the disputes can be handled without third-party involvement given the option. ADR is basically a proposition system between buyer and seller involving extending escrow time, full refund, percentage refund or replacement options. Both parties can accept or deny proposition(s) from the other side. We strongly recommend using ADR because it is exactly the same steps a moderator would take during a dispute without the need to babysit both parties. Even if you do not reach an agreement with the vendor, you would know where you stand or you would have tried certain options like reshipping/replacement of goods. The system has been designed to ensure quick resolution if needed by moderator by looking at what has already happened. If for some reason, at any given time ADR does not work for you and you can not reach an agreement or simply refuse to use it at all, there is always an available moderator to look into it in less than 24 hours.
- AlphaBay now accepts Monero (XMR) only. We have moved away from Bitcoin because not only transactions are too transparent but also because some novice (beginner) users (buyers/vendor) do not obfuscate it enough either due to being incompetent or lazy. To eliminate this attack vector by LE and protect our users, we have decided to accept Monero only with the possiblity of adding other privacy coins in the future. To add an extra layer of defense we run our own internal Monero mixer to guarantee even if your transactions get uncovered they will never be linked to you.
- Heavy focus on I2P rather than Tor network. In our public PGP signed message we have explained that Tor refuses to make changes to how it operates to eliminate attacks used not only to do DoS against hidden services but also used by LE to deanonymize those services and locate them (as they did with AlphaBay).
AlphaBay Onion Link 2022 Review
The above text has been a brief history and current situation surrounding AlphaBay return and why people should use it. All text have been copied from the AB website itself. The below text is our own review on this market and should people use it or not. AlphaBay is currently the largest darknet market operating on the dark web with over 10,000 vendors (at the time of writing), 800,000 registered buyers and over 35,000 listings, which mostly contain drugs and chemicals and as well as Fraud.
The security of the marketplace has been taken very seriously, it’s been run by mature admins and moderators and it’s one of the market who is pushing the use of I2P network over Tor. AlphaBay is currently accepting only Monero as a payment option for it’s transactions and whole market is forcing the use of PGP which helps in the long run with the security. Our conclusion is that AB is currently very well trusted and can be used without any fear of being scammed. Please keep in mind that this is our own review, we do not endorse use of this market. Any market can exit-scam at any given time.
For other markets please visit our Reviews section of the website.